Friday 29 January 2016

Checker vs. Chess. Hiepatch sigil.

06/27/14--18:06:

Checkers vs. Chess. Hiepatch sigil.

I was e-mailed by a man who introduced himself as a prominent member of the Hermetic Magical order, the O.T.O. stating that he has been an active and influential member for thirty years. I had no reason not to believe him, but he seemed to want me to look into his claim, and I quickly verified that was who he said he was.
His demeanor suggested I was like a little boy who wandered into his parent’s closet, and found his father’s gun, in regards to my knowledge of the Goetic spirits.
That I was lucky he happened by when he did and that he could mentor me into the “right direction”, before I did anything too dangerous. He said I showed “potential”, but needed someone formally trained in the occult to help me progress.
I can only assume he was offering to do just that, but he never came out and said it.
I thanked him for his assessment of me, and I told him I was willing to listen to anything he had to say.
I gave him enough rope to thoroughly hang himself.
It became painful clear after only two e-mail exchanges that not only had he woefully overstated his knowledge, but that he was in the process of realizing just how he didn’t know while attempting to assimilate what I was sharing him.
I quickly ceased speaking with him as an equal with terms of magic, and the occult… but never as a human being.
I understand that he is a teacher within the O.T.O, and the information I was sharing is far above his pay grade. Since he was not ready for this quality of information, his students where no better and continuing a discussion with him on the prior level could be disastrous.
He was embarrassed, but I was sympathetic, and I afforded him every opportunity to save face. I even said that I could help expand his understanding of the Goetia structure.
He took me up on that offer, not as a “student”, but as someone curious about another magical tradition.
I gave him a simple exercise. An exercise I know Western occultists no longer spend much time doing, but would greatly benefit from. I instructed him to start exploring the deeper intricacies of Goetic sigils.
By studying the formulation of a sigil you can uncover the harmonic frequencies which gave both birth, and purpose to the sigil itself based on the dominion(s) of the spirit who owns it.
Function DICTATES form. Following that universal law, a spirit sigil will contain pictographs of things that express the nature of the spirit in the physical world OR are expressed in the physical world by that spirit.
The same expressions of that spirit during the time of its sigil’s physical inception that made it valid then, would also contain physical expressions from the modern world to make it just as valid now.
He was highly skeptical of this “radical” idea of mine, but conceded to try it.
He quickly became frustrated with the exercise, he said it was beneath not only his rank, but also his title within the O.T.O. Be that as it may, he still couldn’t come up with even one pictograph within the sigil I randomly picked for him (I picked the spirit Hiepatch, a spirit concerned with the transportation of people, often bringing them long distances away to appear before the magician, or the magician’s client).
I convinced him to stick with it, and coached him into how he may enter a sigil’s energetic matrix, and see a spirit from the inside out.
He found this process very unnerving. Hermetic Magic primarily teaches to entrap, and isolate spirits. The idea of a spirit entering the magician is unsettling enough, but suggesting he go a step further, and a magician enter a spirit was an even more disturbing a proposition for him.
This is when he turned from disdainful, and “amused” by me, to aggressive.
I was beginning to break down his worldview, and he did not like that.
He was a long time checkers player. As indicated by his position within the O.T.O, maybe even a master checkers player. But in a world where the real game is chess, even a master checkers player is of little value. He was starting to see the chess pieces emerge on what he once only knew as a checkers board. He did as many have been socially conditioned to do, reject becoming a novice level chess player to then truly advance, and run back to being a checkers master.
He demand that I show him where in the sigil of Hiepatch an expression of transportation or travel of any kind could be found. To prove that such a thing existed, as he was now certain I was nothing more than an above average story teller.
Well, I will do just that, and I will even do it using an expression of Hiepatch in the modern world….
However I will do it on my blog so others may benefit, that people know from whom the information comes from, and also that he (and others) cannot try and “impress” his (their) students claiming it’s their own revelation.
I have scoured the internet, and I simply cannot find ANY evidence of this being common, or even uncommon knowledge. So if you see this connection being made elsewhere after this date… you know where it came from.

This is Hiepatch's sigil. A Goetic spirit who's dominion is over travel, and transportation. 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhEzylbYYR9AR1obewluFe2IBDwcLV1agL4ZOlj3qKfiYMMINlPaI-8UaXMEfxUau7BdqfSzFwS9HieyTNd6sxnxqYCu-pmqkJ6ds1pRzB1OK5YTQXxn0u_wFbiZI5CfhG6-Zg_w6kQg4w/s320/Hiepacth.jpg

This is a picture of a jeep driving on a road. The Jeep is both a modern day expression of transportation, and travel. I think the the sigil of Hiepatch clearly indicate a Jeep. 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiH5pid2FLePa1K2OZC9thGQZ7wm9R9Vas3J60qCqvySidgs3dKZ6lyIAXrATQ78c_45_0dQSFb4233ylwrQXuYJ-iIoOJjuTI_TOdZ-s8ttNHDFsypf9sfM-QQbtLfBdNokdeAEqXK1B0/s320/jeep.jpeg


However is is but ONE very valid pictograph I can easily find in the sigil of Hiepacth, and it is because I can find expressions of Hiepatch's dominion, I can do the work I can with the Goetic spirits. 

I invite all of you to become master of chess... and leave checkers behind. 

-Uncle Bearheart

1 comment: